For our community members, it is important to seek out evidence-based information such as information provided by the Department of Health. If you have questions about Covid-19, you can also call 211 as a resource. Additionally, ways in which we can limit spread of this virus as well as other illnesses like influenza are through simple steps:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
4. Stay home when you are sick.
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Additionally, community members should consider what they would need if they were required to self-isolate at home for up to 2 weeks. A great website to help you determine what is needed is www.ready.gov.
If you or a family member are quarantined or requested to self-isolate, we want to make sure you have the resources you need in order to maintain your quarantine and not have to venture out into the public. If you need help with necessities such as: food, water, medications, or supplies for your pet, please contact Thetford Emergency Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-291-1445.
Please also check our Emergency Management website for regular updates and information. We will repost any updates from the State of Vermont as well.
You can also access the Emergency Management Website through the Town of Thetford website.
Mariah Whitcomb, MBA
Emergency Management Director